In May 2014 Greenfields was graded as a 'Good' school (see below for the school's Ofsted report). As a school we are graded by Ofsted in 5 areas.
These areas are then used to arrive at an overall effectiveness grade.
With this in mind we have set aspirational aims for the coming academic year in each of these areas. The aims have been set with a view to ensuring the school continues to make strong progress in all of the key areas.
These aims will be monitored throughout the year at different stages so that the school can measure impact and refocus on areas which have not progressed in the way we would have liked. This monitoring will be on going with 3 milestones set for each area for the school to have a full evaluation at the end of terms 2, 4 and 6.
The aims for the academic year 2016/17 are listed below.
Effectiveness of leadership and management
1. To develop a greater depth of leadership across school.
2. Ensure all leaders in school have a clear focus, including teachers on the ‘leadership pathway’ project.
3. Further develop the effectiveness of the newly formed Outreach Support Officer (OSO) and Outreach Development Officer (ODO).
4. Improve the school’s standing in the local community
5. Improve the school’s links externally.
6. Ensure the school’s wider curriculum is outstanding
Quality of teaching, learning and assessment
1. To ensure the learning environment around school is outstanding
2. Review monitoring systems to ensure the impact is maximised
3. Introduce a new structure of TA accountability to maintain high standards
4. Ensure all teaching staff are effectively supported to improve their practice, particularly new staff and NQT
5. Further develop the school’s curriculum offer, including value led learning experiences
6. Improve parental engagement at class level
Outcomes for pupils
1. Further develop the effectiveness of reading teaching across school ensure consistent in assessment and appropriate pitch in all year groups
2. Close the attainment gap in Year 6 SPaG
3. EY results to be in line with national figures. Year 1 phonics screening results to be in line with national figures,. Year 2 results to be in line with national figures. Year 6 results to be in line with national figures
4. Internal tracking will show better than good progress
5. Increase participation in sport in KS2 and Increase performance opportunities across the school
Personal development, behaviour and welfare
1. Improve school attendance
2. Improve the provision in breakfast and after school club
3. Continue to develop the school’s own and British values
4. Continue to review safety in school and invest in improvements as required
5. Ensure the school has a robust lettings policy in place for the use of the school’s resources
6. Ensure all policy and practice, including risk assessments, are robust and up to date
Effectiveness of early years provision
1. Ensure consistency with new staff in Early Years
2. Ensure the quality of teaching in Early Years is consistently outstanding
3. Ensure assessments in Early Years are accurate and consistent
4. Year R outcomes with will be in line with national figures
5. Ensure Early Year practice is within current requirements, including risk assessments
If you would like any further information regarding the school’s aims for the coming academic year, or would like to discuss our plans in more detail, please feel free to contact the school to make an appointment to see a member of the school’s leadership team.