KS1 have been learning about Superheroes. As part of their learning, they created their own comic strips focussing on the following objectives:
- Understand what algorithms are; how they are implemented as programs on digital devices; and that programs execute by following precise and unambiguous instructions
- Create and debug simple programs
- Use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple programs
- Use technology purposefully to create, organise, store, manipulate and retrieve digital content
- Recognise common uses of information technology beyond school
- Use technology safely and respectfully, keeping personal information private; identify where to go for help and support when they have concerns about content or contact on the internet or other online technologies.
Lime Trees used an app called 'Comic Creations' to create their comics. They drew their own pictures and then used the iPads to take a photo and upload it to the app. They then added speech bubbles to their pictures and screenshot their creations to ensure that they saved.
Here are some examples of the comics that were created: