Equality at Greenfields
At Greenfields Community Primary School, we are committed to ensuring equality of education and opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers receiving services from the school, irrespective of race, gender, disability, faith or religion or socio-economic background. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and able to participate fully in school life.
The achievement of pupils will be monitored by race, gender and special educational need/disability and we will use this data to support pupils, raise standards and ensure inclusive teaching. We will tackle discrimination by the positive promotion of equality, challenging bullying and stereotypes and creating an environment which champions respect for all. At Greenfields Community Primary School, we believe that diversity is a strength, which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit here.
Current Equality Objectives
To continue developing a community in which all groups of people feel proud of their identity and are able to participate fully in school life.
To monitor the achievement data of pupils by groups. This data will be used to effectively support children and ensure inclusive teaching, in order to diminish any attainment gap.
Ensure that children in school value everyone's differences and strengths regardless of people's protected characteristics.
What are we currently doing to meet these objectives?
- Community building and outreach development officer and outreach support officer
- Development of Community team
- Values work
- Celebration of Pupil Excellence
- Curriculum – Practical and engaging, including opportunities for parents to see the children’s work
- EY engagement of parents- Stay and play sessions, varying times of the day
- Data monitoring and checking
- Wellbeing and Involvement scanning
- SEN monitoring and meetings
- Nominations of Greenfields Greatness Award, including staff and children and the way they can nominate
- Quality First learning audit tool
- Cultural Information booklet
- Extra-Curricular activities, including school trips and outings using the school's mini buses