- This week we will be learning about speech marks and how they are used. Speech marks also known as inverted commas, show when someone is speaking.
When using speech marks we need to remember these rules:
- Use a comma to separate what is being said in the rest of the sentence;
- Use a capital letter to start direct speech;
- Use punctuation to finish the direct speech;
- Close the direct speech with speech marks.
Woody jumped up, “I have to go home with my friends!”
Click on the link below to watch a video: